Menorrhagia is a medical condition where in a woman experiences abnormally heavy periods. The duration of the bleeding can be longer than usual and this is also a common concern among a lot of women who are about to go through menopause. Menorrhagia can cause a considerable loss of blood which makes it difficult to carry on with the daily activities. A lot of women dread about suffering from this condition and that is why it is always healthy to use home remedies for menorrhagia.
Menorrhagia and its symptoms
- Presence of blood clots along with menstrual blood.
- The frequent need to change the sanitary pad as the bleeding is continuous.
- The bleeding can go on for longer than a week as well.
- Restlessness throughout the day which causes irritation.
- Inability to complete the daily activities due to heavy bleeding.
- There can be presence of symptoms of Anaemia and tiredness. The person might feel exhausted accompanied by shortage of breath.
Home Remedies for alleviating Menorrhagia
Since Menorrhagia does involve loss of considerable volume of blood, it is always suggested to visit a doctor if the bleeding does not stop after a week as well. But visiting a medical professional should be the last resort. There are a lot of home remedies for heavy periods which can treat the situation in order to induce comfort: –
- Coriander seeds– Coriander seeds are really helpful in reducing the menstrual bleeding. Take 15-20 grams of coriander seeds. Pour the seeds in about 180-200 ml of water and start boiling. Let the water boil till it reduces to around one quarter. Allow the water to cool down before drinking.
- Magnesium– Conditions like menorrhagia are a result of hormonal imbalance. Magnesium rich foods are perfect in balancing hormones which helps in alleviating the condition. Water melon seeds, pumpkin, sesame seeds and oats are some of the foods rich in magnesium which can help in treating menorrhagia.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– Add around 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. This mixture can help regulate menstrual bleeding. It is advised to consume three glasses of this mixture during the day for better results.
- Amla Juice and Honey– Mixture of Amla Juice and Honey is beneficial in treating excessive menstrual bleeding. The mixture (1-2 tablespoons of amla juice with honey) is meant to be consumed as the first thing in the morning.
- Cinnamon– Add around half teaspoon of cinnamon to a cup of boiled water. Let water cool down and then add honey to this mixture. This needs to be consumed twice a day to see better results.
Other Information associated with regulating hormones
The aforementioned home remedies for heavy periods can be helpful in regulating the menstrual bleeding. In addition to this, it is suggested to drink 10-12 glasses of water every single day while consuming foods rich in iron. Consumption of healthy food answers all the questions associated with how to treat Amenorrhea as well.